Saturday, February 14, 2015

I cheated.

In the spirit of authenticity, I am being honest here: I cheated on my whole30 challenge.

Today started out just as planned. I had a very healthy whole30 breakfast, Aidell's Chicken and apple sausage with scrambled eggs and strawberries. We couldn't finish it, so I packed up the leftovers to take with me when we went out with my parents. I also brought strawberries, carrots, and almonds in a bag.

Outside food is not allowed at the circus though, so I ate a bunch of carrots before going in and it sat in the car. I didn't realize we would be in there for four hours and eventually caved. I ate some french fries. I figured it was the closest I could get to paleo food there since potatoes ARE allowed. I was good for a while until I realized we hadn't hit intermission yet and I was starving, so I also had some of my daughter's popcorn.

I tried not to beat myself up over it since I am actively making changes to my eating habits, and normally I would just say ok I did well here is a cheat day, but I was really proud of myself for doing well this time around.

We went to dinner after the circus and I ate strawberries and carrots in the car because I was still hungry. I was proud of myself for picking something paleo at dinner though! In the past I would have said, well I cheated already might as well get whatever I want now! Instead, I had a salad with oil and vinegar and ordered a broiled shell steak for dinner. I had a couple bites of some non-paleo food just to try it, but at the end of the day, this is a learning process and I'm proud of myself for making better choices overall.

No comments:

Post a Comment