Complete 101 preset goals or tasks in a period of 1001 days.
Tasks must be specific, with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic, yet must represent some amount of work on your part.
Why 1001 Days?
Many people have created lists in the past - frequently simple goals such as New Year's resolutions. The key to beating procrastination is to set a deadline that is realistic. 1001 Days (about 2.75 years) is a better period of time than a year, because it allows you several opportunities to complete certain tasks.
GOAL SETTING TIPS:
Be decisive. Know exactly what you want, why you want it, and how you plan to achieve it. Stay focused. Any goal requires sustained focus from beginning to end. Constantly evaluate your progress. Welcome failure. Frequently, very little is learned from a venture that did not experience failure in some form. Failure presents the opportunity to learn and makes the success more worthy. Write down your goals. It clarifies your thinking and reinforces your commitment. Keep your goals in sight. Review them frequently, and ensure that they are always at the forefront of your thinking.
Tuesday, January 7, 2014
Tuesday, October 4, 2016
1. Adopt a child.
2. Answer the 50 questions that will free your mind.
3. Become a bartender.
4. Become an RN.
5. Become First Aid/CPR Certified.
6. Become scuba certified.
8. Buy a new camera.
9. Buy an iMac.
10. Complete 30 races before turning 30.
11. Complete a home study.
12. Complete whole30.
13. Complete at least one pinterest project every six months. [0/6]
14. Do a free photoshoot at least once every two months. [00/16]
15. Do ten random acts of kindness for strangers. [00/10]
16. Don't complain about anything for a week.
17. Donate a quilt to the NICU every two months. [00/16]
18. Donate blood every six months. [0/6]
19. Downsize our belongings.
20. Eat at Louis' in New Haven.
21. Eat at Peter Luger's.
22. Finish Insanity.
23. Get a roomba!
24. Get caught up on scrapbooking.
25. Get my honu tattoo.
26. Get my motorcycle license.
27. Get to a size 10.
28. Get to a size 8.
29. Go on a week long vacation once a year. [0/2]
30. Go on another cruise.
31. Go skydiving.
32. Go somewhere new.
33. Go to Animal Kingdom.
34. Go to California Adventure.
35. Go to Carlo's Bakery.
36. Go to Disneyland.
37. Go to Disneyworld.
38. Go to Epcot.
39. Go to Hollywood Studios.
40. Go to Kauai for a long weekend.
41. Go to Korea.
42. Go to Sea World.
43. Go to the dentist every six months. [0/6]
44. Go to the Philippines.
45. Go to the San Diego zoo.
46. Go to Universal Studios.
47. Go ziplining.
48. Have a butterbeer at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter.
49. Hike Lanikai Pillboxes.
50. Hike Makapu'u Point Lighthouse Trail.
51. Hike to Kaena Point.
52. Hike Kokohead.
53. Juice for one week every six months. [0/6]
54. Learn how to paddleboard.
55. Learn how to play the ukulele.
56. Learn how to speak Tagalog.
57. Learn to swim laps.
60. Lose 15lbs.
61. Lose 20lbs.
62. Lose 25lbs.
63. Lose 30lbs.
64. Lose 35lbs.
65. Lose 40lbs.
66. Make a dress.
67. Make a full inventory of our belongings in preparation for moving/PCSing.
68. Make a gift for a family member.
70. Participate in Operation Beautiful.
71. Pay off my Federal Student Loans.
72. Pay off Navy Federal Loan.
73. Pay off the Cobalt.
74. Pay off the Highlander.
75. Pay off the STAR card.
76. Pay off the Take It Home card.
77. Read one book a month. [00/33]
78. Ride in a helicopter.
79. Ride in a hot air balloon.
80. Run 30 miles in 30 days.
81. Run a 10k.
82. Run a 5k.
83. Run a half marathon.
84. Run faster than a 10 minute mile.
85. Save at least 5k and keep it there.
86. Say yes to everything for an entire weekend.
87. See Michael Buble in concert.
88. Send a card or care package to Daniel every month he is away.
89. Send my dad a letter just because.
90. Send my mom flowers out of the blue.
91. Spend a weekend at a bed and breakfast.
92. Start an herb garden.
93. Start painting again.
94. Stay at the Animal Kingdom Lodge.
95. Take a cake decorating class.
96. Take a cooking class.
97. Take a surfing lesson.
98. Take a trip on a train.
99. Try at least one new recipe per month. [01/33]
100. Volunteer at least once every six months. [0/6]
101. Wake up for the sunrise every morning for a month.