Friday, January 13, 2012

the last two-ish months

The first month I was here, Daniel was away training. And by away, I mean down the street. They have a facility we pass on our way to post, but part of the training requires full immersion, so he was gone for about 3 weeks.

Talk about terrifying! I landed on a Monday night and the following Monday my husband was gone for three weeks. Luckily he had shown me how to get around a little, enough to get gas, groceries, and other necessities.

Our family at Daniel's WLC Graduation (Dec 2011)
Unfortunately I didn't explore very much during that time since I was waiting for the boxes I mailed over to arrive. Did you know parcel post took 2-6 weeks? Me either.

Now that all our stuff has been unpacked, everything is in its place, and my husband is back home, we're ready to take on this island!

So far, we've only been to one beach (aside from the one pictured here). We were also invited to luau with our friends, who had us over for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years Eve.


Daniel and I went on a dinner cruise for our third anniversary last month. It was a ton of fun and I highly recommend it for anyone visiting! We plan on going to a few more luaus and cruises while we're here :)

1 comment: